1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is ESPN speculating ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, May 20, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And it took until 1 a.m. to rant about it?

Whatever. He made it sound like it was currently happening.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

To add a more serious answer to this topic, I assume it's probably because, even at the wee hours of the night/morning, reporters, protestors, fans, etc. are going to be around the jail and his home. To make sure Vick gets home safely, it's probably been discussed at length on how he'll be getting home.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

ESPN has confirmed that Michael Vick is subscribed to Trey Beamon and has the avatar pop up on his phone every time Trey posts

4. dargan

dargan Active Member

Strong.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Must be a leg man.

6. dooley_womack1

If he's switched to being a two-leg man, that's progress.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It was made to apear that Mr. Vick's release would happen under the cover of darkness.

Which means they should cut to live coverage right now!

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Uh, no. It was aired at 11 p.m. Central. Kelly Naqi is on the scene in Leavenworth to cover all of the transportation angles. Sue me for not seeing the earlier SportsCenter.

Advice to Mike ... I drove I-70 through three states today. The Effingham, Ill. Pilot is out of Andy Capp's Cheddar Fries, I repeat, no go on the Cheddar Fries by the big-ass crucifix.

Get your snack on in Casey.

9. dooley_womack1

If he's ahead of schedule, Mount Vernon would be a better bet. Only about six miles out of the way total, and about as much crap available as in Joplin.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nobody's suing you. Shit. Someone said it was the 6 p.m. SportsCenter. That seemed like a long wait. If it was at midnight ET, then it's not a big deal.

I would have PMed and asked you ... Oh wait, I can't.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

If he's going through Joplin, he should just keep going east to Springfield and stop at Hong Kong Inn.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If you're done taking shots at me, Naqi is on live now.

No update on the all-important drive or fly conundrum.

Draft saved Draft deleted