1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is ESPN speculating ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, May 20, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

... on what mode of transportation Michael Vick is taking from Leavenworth to Virginia? Is there some relevance here I'm missing? Do they think he's a flight risk? Is he going to do a U-ey and head down to Wichita for the MVC baseball tournament?

Please give me some shred of a reason why I should possibly give a shit. I'm in a hotel and am limited in my viewing options or I'd turn this tripe off.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Because ESPN lives to speculate?

3. dargan

dargan Active Member

GB-H, that is a correct answer.

4. Bubbler

I get that, but why speculate on that particular detail? Who could possibly care?

While they're at it, why don't they speculate what airline he might fly, or, what route he'll take back home.

"ESPN's Holly Rowe has learned that Michael Vick will take I-64 from Wentzville, Mo. all the way back to Virginia. No comment from Rand-McNally."

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My brother used to live in Wentzville. He doesn't anymore. MLIA.

6. dooley_womack1

Seriously, tho, did he get lunch at a McDonald's off the highway, or did he hit a Stuckey's?

7. Bubbler

He hit the construction at the St. Louis Galleria and went to Katie's Pizzeria on Clayton Avenue.

Wait! Sources who wish to remain anonymous say Vick got a bag of Funyuns at the Belleville QT.

8. dooley_womack1

I heard it was Bugles

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, I may be wrong, but I thought there was a proviso that Vick report to his parole officer within 24 hours of leaving Leavenworth. However, from what I've ascertained from latest reports, including ESPN, he's going to report in on Friday.

If that's the case, then they're just keeping someone there to keep up appearances, and not making clear that this is some boondoggle they sent Kelly Naqi and a crew on to report on something that, all things considered, isn't that big.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

ESPN has learned that Vick took a bathroom break along the way.

No conformation on whether it was No. 1 or 2, however.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I probably shouldn't even be on this thread, but I've had it on ESPN and all I'm getting is the West Coast SportsCenter.

Where are you guys seeing this Vick speculation?

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I believe the 6 p.m. SportsCenter led with it. Live report from Leavenworth and everything.

Draft saved Draft deleted