1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is counting cards such as bad thing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Sep 18, 2014.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I don't berate people. But people do indeed do very foolish things. I was playing just a few days ago, was at third base and on a bit of a roll when I drew 20 off the deal. Guy sitting in the middle of the table had a pair of jacks. So what's he do? Splits them, gets two shitty cards, dealer has 16 and pulls a five for 21. We all lost. That PISSES me off. Why the fuck would you break up the second-best hand? In his case, to lose twice as much money and cost the rest of the table money as well. If the dealer beats us when you don't split face cards, fair enough. But don't hurt yourself and the table to win an extra $5. Idiot.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Is making ... let's call them against-the-grain moves ... in blackjack worse for feeling the table against you than routinely betting for folks not to make the point in craps?

Draft saved Draft deleted