1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'll never make fun of Barry Manilow again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Sep 17, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

absurdly narrow ... sez you.
    When your word is the law, let me know.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Manilow is a douche...

Hasselbeck is harmless...

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Hasselbeck is also cute.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

What I really want to know is what tunes was he going to sing on the appearance on the View?

5. Flash

Flash Guest

We are sooooooooooooo friends off.

Zeke is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. Kurt Cobain and Neil Diamond ... hmmmm ...

We don't remember Nora Dunn's incident on SNL?

6. markvid

markvid Guest

He has a best of the 70's CD coming out, I think.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

You win the oxymoron contest.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

When you begin to learn anything from your numerous mistakes in personality judgments,
    you know where to turn.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Hasselyotch probably has an arrangement with Fox & Friends - if the heat gets too hot in the ABC kitchen, she only need say the word and Gretchen Carlson gets the heave-ho. F&F gave her a week as co-host to bash Rosie right in the middle of the Rosie-Trump mess.
    Guess Barry won't be performing in Cranston, R.I., ever again.

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, I'm back to the point you made early on.

I sense Rosie's fingerprints on this.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Because this is all a brilliant marketing ploy. If he goes on the show, viewers of The View will see him perform and realize he has a new album out.

Those who don't watch it would never even know he was going to be on the show, nevermind that he has a new album.

By pulling out and making a "political stand," he creates controversy and now has the righties here all riled up and arguing with the lefties and guess what? Now we all know Barry fucking Manilow has a new album coming out!!! Yay!

The worst part is, everyone is buying into it as a political stance, when, as was pointed out earlier, he had no problem performing TWICE last year when she was on the show. You know why he didn't mind? HE DIDN'T HAVE AN ALBUM TO PROMOTE!

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

pern, he's released these albums about every year. He's done the 50s and 60s, maybe even 40s. So yes, he probably did have an album to promote.

Draft saved Draft deleted