1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I'll never make fun of Barry Manilow again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, you have to go to Rent-A-Center

Agree it's a dick move by Barry.

2. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

always knew he was a pussy.

...but seriously, he's there to perform songs, NOT have a political debate. Why should it matter?

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It shouldn't matter. I thought Barry was more grown up than that, but apparently not. I do love his music (and am not afraid to admit it), but that's a bush-league move.

Barry, stars like Kelsey Grammer and Robert Duvall who are known to lean right don't avoid shows like Letterman because Letterman's liberal. They're there to talk about their projects, not dish politics.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I prefer Homer Simpson's paraphrased version.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well you came and you gave me a turkey, on my day off from work...

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gimme a break, Barry's afraid of Elizabeth Hasselback? We should just call him Barry ilow now.

7. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

What was he afraid of? Did he think she was gonna tackle him in the middle of his song?

Wussy Factor 9.4........and climbing.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey Rapture Righties, you all seem to be bent out of shape about this.

Guess what?

IT'S BARRY FUCKING MANILOW !!!

If Barry Manilow has you all a-quiver about dissing one of your breeders ... I'm sorry, but you all better check your packages.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Instead of appearing on The View, Barry Manilow will be spending a weekend in New England.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I like Manilow as much as anyone -- he made some damn fine music back in the day -- but what a bullshit move. Does he have his people check everywhere he goes to promote himself, just to make sure there are no scary Republicans there?

Jeebus, if I didn't go anywhere there were people who I think have dangerous views, I'd never leave the house. Or post on here, for that matter.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Kind of lends credence to the Barry-is-gay rumors (don't say it around my mom). And we all know how Elizabitch feels about homosexuality - ICKY!
    I lived for awhile in the city she grew up in, and she is truly a product of that environment.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Barry played piano at the Continental Baths for Bette Midler. Any questions?

Pass no tin cups for the guy. He has a sustained gig at the LV Hilton which brings in a Krakatoa-lava-flow of bank.

Draft saved Draft deleted