1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Why I Will Never Date A Feminist"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be able to have a conversation about this without mocking how someone looks?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I always thought Dwight Schrute was a fictional character.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ok, go ahead and read the column and let me know what the conversation that needs to be had here is.

gingerbread likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

So... I clicked on that "Red Pill" link within the article DD shared, out of curiosity. I still don't know what it means, aside from looking like extreme assholery toward women.

Other things: FR means Field Report, which sounds like documenting your date/Tinder adventure. Ugh.

And a puzzle: maintaining your "frame". I guess that means your act. Ugh.

Lots of shit I don't know about in the younger dating world these days. smh.

Anyway, the Red Pill link is to a Reddit thread, and the one post that I clicked on was this:

Just fucking awful. Some of the comments to it - well, I did understand what someone meant by fleshlight.

JFC. Our society is doomed.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The amazing thing about the photo DD attached to the post. ... It is life size. As in, 1 trillion X 1 trillion pixels. You click on the thread and you get smacked across your eyelids with a noggin that is almost as big as the ones carved on Mount Rushmore.

And then you click on the photo itself, and it gets even bigger! So now, you can see every zit, blackhead and clogged pore on his beautiful mug. That photo could be a whole marketing and advertising campaign for Adobe Photoshop.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On the column itself, it's very, very difficult to read.

I don't even know what the guy's point is, except that I get the sense he thinks women don't have it as bad as they think.

He also seems to disagree with a lot of stuff.

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd bet you a billion Internet dollars that his explanation of why he wrote this would contain the words "political correctness" no fewer than five times.

dixiehack and Double Down like this.
  8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The guy appears to have a real problem with self-esteem in that he seems to have much more than is justified.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The guy deserves some mocking, but being confident in yourself is something we should generally promote as a society. Would you tell a woman who didn't win the genetic lottery that she has no reason to be confident?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He can be as confident as he likes, but it's the whole: "You women need to stop complaining so much and accept that asking to be paid equally and not raped hasn't made you any happier," that is absurd.

This column would be mocked if Tucker Carlson wrote it, and he's a handsome fellow.

Maybe this dude gets more Tinder dates than he can handle. Who knows. But it absolutely reads like someone who has found a whole community of other social awkward men on the Internet, and they explain away their issues with women by telling each other that women are the problem.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Being confident in oneself is one thing.

Being a misogynistic prick is another.

Ace and Killick like this.
  12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Killick likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted