1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I Never will Cheat on my Wife...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Feb 3, 2012.

1. But is it that hard for those people with a wandering eye to get a divorce? I mean, it's not like those are hard to get. Just get a divorce and then explore all you want if you have a wandering eye. Much more honorable than cheating.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Kids kind of throw a wrench into that kind of clean, easy break.

And, truth be told, some people don't know what they want. I'm not advocating cheating by any means. But I don't think cheating necessarily equates to not wanting to be married to the person you are married to any more.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Scaling tall buildings and sticking your dick in a vat of crazy.

How much more midlife-crisis-cliche can you get?

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Buying a Lamborghini?

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm not condoning cheating but think about the difference between the English (primogeniture) and the French (not) and the retention of family wealth. When you divorce, you are splitting the assets which attacks the foundation of the couple's assets.

Secondly, whereas they only had to previously pay for one home and one set of associated bills, now you have to find two places to live, which is tremendously expensive, especially when there are kids involved. Near us, 4 families on the same street have divorced within the past year and its unfortunate that the dads have to move out and rent an apartment on "loser" court (their phrase, not mine.)

Financially, divorce is brutal.

6. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

Why Pete Sampras will never cheat on his wife:

[​IMG]

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Have you seen the Perkins waitress and Elin Nordegan Woods?

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Are you trying to make the argument that Elin Nordegren is as hot as Veronica Vaughn? Blasphemy.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ass. I know from experience...

(No I don't.)

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Go to NYC and say "Please", and they look at you funny.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

This, times a thousand. (And she was the one who got the third party involved, not me, but I'm the one who's taking the financial f---ing. Go figure.)

Nighthawk, God love ya, your naivete is cute. There are people who want both the security AND the adrenaline rush. That was my ex. Then there's me, who wanted to fight like hell to maintain the status quo, which I managed to do for 20 years. Should I have divorced her on the spot the first time she cheated? Maybe. But then our kids would never have happened. I'll take that in return for whatever pain I had to go through emotionally and have to go through financially.

It's not always black-and-white in the real world.

12. I do. I don't think the meaning could be any clearer than that. You are correct that kids would throw a wrench into a clean break (thank God I'll never have to deal with that hornet's nest), but I honestly don't see how you can love one person and sleep with another.

Draft saved Draft deleted