1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I hate sports parents

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HC, Dec 22, 2010.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I just emailed him to let him know he's an asshole.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Awesome.

More awesome.

Even better, the header is still there.

http://www.georgejatis.ca/who-i-am-and-what-i-do/

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Marv Marinovich came along today, we never would have heard of him, because there would be six other guys in his neighborhood alone doing the same or worse.

4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'm pretty sure there have been Little League parents longer than there's been Little League.
    And what business does anyone other than the coach have deciding who is on the team and who is not?

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I always love how the complainers are never the ones who volunteer the hours to coach. Just like regular life, easier to complain than be part of the solution.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

WOuld this have been a meeting going on during a practice? because the coach should have squashed this immediately. To add on to what smallpotatoes said, how would he have actually breached this with the coach, "Oh by the way, us parents came to a decision about some line combinations for you and how you should distribute ice time . . ." If he was ay real coach he would have told him where to go and how to get there, or just hand him the whistle and tell him, "fine you coach the team then." and walk out of the rink. Pretty sure he would be calling him back before the sun went down.

7. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Worst part is his rationale..."If Kayla truly read this agenda by accident, it is very unfortunate . . . I am mortified that Vanessa or Sheree or whoever shared this agenda with Kayla would actually do so . . . I believe Kayla’s feelings could have been spared."

To me that is akin to "Hey, I'm really sorry i shot that guy, but you know if Ford hadn't made the car that put him on the highway next to me when I roadraged, he would be alive. Ford should be more careful."

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

He's also an asshole for trying to pin the girl's removal on the players, who apparently didn't think she was good enough to play on the team. That's horeshit, more like the kid's parents - or this piece of shit acting alone - who determined that. Rep hockey teams - especially in the GTHL - are full of back-stabbing parents.

I have been around plenty of hockey teams and while there is a talent hierarchy, the kids know if you're on the team you're on the team. They don't throw teammates under the bus, even at this age.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As far as I know, and you can correct me if I am wrong, but Marv only used his kids in his little petri dish experiment.

This asshole feels he needs to bring his brand of 'expertise' to the whole team.

Seriously, a real scumbag.

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

The guy's addressed the situation on his BLOG!

http://www.georgejatis.ca/george-j-atis-miscellaneous-ramblings/

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

God, that makes him look even worse. Doesn't he have clients to represent?

12. derwood

derwood Active Member

http://www.georgejatis.ca/who-i-am-and-what-i-do/

Lawyer! Outsourcing expert! With a BLOG!

Can't make this up...

Draft saved Draft deleted