1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't the A's win any more?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

So now that they won the division, I guess they can find other things to do with their Friday.

2. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

Brandon Inge is a winner. Once Oakland got him, it all turned around.

(Tigers fans are absolutely convinced that, if Inge were healthy, he'd hit .800 with 10 homers in the ALDS and single-handedly beat them. He went from incredibly popular in Detroit to Public Enemy #1, then had 8 RBIs in his first three-game series against them.)

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Keep Pat Neshek in your prayers.

A friend just tweeted that Neshek and his wife lost their newborn son this evening.

I cannot imagine.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Oh God. That's so horrible. I saw a note earlier today about him leaving, but it was only in relation to the impact on the bullpen for the clincher. Here is Neshek's tweet:

"Please pray for my family. Tonight my wife & I lost our first & only son 23 hours after he was born with no explanation," @PatNeshek posted.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/10/04/pat-neshek-oakland-athletics-loses-son-23-hours-after-birth/1612427/

My older brother died at birth 18 months before I was born. My parents never forgot him. They moved on, but never forgot.

I don't pray much anymore, but I'll spare one for the Nesheks.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Also posted in season running thread. Life just sucks sometimes, dammit:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/baseball-oakland-athletics/athletics-talk/As-Neshek-loses-newborn-baby-boy?blockID=783687&feedID=2539&awid=7099584538399018745-765

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I said this also on the baseball thread, but it's stuff like this that, if I ever end up talking to God, I'd be asking Him/Her, "What the fuck?"

Praying for the Nesheks, who, I don't even want to imagine what they're going through right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted