1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't men take care of themselves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 30, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

To get this back on track - a serious question. The men in my life who matter to me have all faced prostate cancer at about the age of 60. They all (thank God) were diagnosed early and recovered completely. A man who matters to me has passed the 60 year boundary and although he has promised repeatedly to see a doctor, has not.

What do I do? He matters too much to just let this go.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I've been passing rivers of blood for a few years now. Not every day, or even every other day, but enough. I have zero desire to head to the doctor.

HC, some people will live their lives the way they want. You can love them hard, and you can try to get them to the doctor, but their lives are theirs, and sometimes they just don't care.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I suppose I get that, but it's very hard to be a part of.

And if you love anybody anywhere, please go to a doctor.

4. Songbird

Don't let that stop you from caring or trying. At least he knows you love him. Your love might just sink through, and one day he'll tell you he went to the doctor.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't quit. I take the sighing, and the eye rolling. :)

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You'd think, as smart as he thinks he is, he'd figure out it's easier just to go to the doctor than to listen to your haranguing. :)

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Would it help if the rest of us start brow-beating him?

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Hey ... I didn't name any names!

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If only he lived somewhere without out-of-pocket medical bills.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I thought this thread was about masturbation. Oh well. No use wasting anymore time here. Gonna go listen to some Zeppelin.

11. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Preach, brotha.

12. Songbird

Sure about that? I sucked down about 50 cigs in 18 hours a few days ago and ate a nice dose of sugary stuffs in between, along with the Red Bulls.

Draft saved Draft deleted