1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't ad salespeople work when it rains?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Fixed.

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Fixed again.

3. Maybe that was true once upon a time.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's rained here for two days. Guess our space is screwed this week.

5. lono

lono Active Member

They melt when they get wet.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

My take: It's kind of like mail carriers. They will make their presence known during sunny days (or when it's near holiday season so they can score gifts from residents they deliver mail too), but once it rains, they can only be found at John's Snack Shop eating club house sandwiches or the local Tim's guzzling all the double doubles they can.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If the rain comes, they run and hide their heads.
    They might as well be dead.
    If the rain comes, if the rain comes.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I have no idea what you're talking about.

9. ^^^ "the agreement was that i'd pick up those calzones ON MY ROUTE. as you can see, i am not on my route today!"

but really, today i took a stroll through the ad dept. because i wanted to take a shortcut to another part of the building. i usually do this to check out the grade a prime beef we have working down there. new lady who didn't recognize me thought i was lost and goes "are you looking for someone?" I go "nope, just seeing how the well-paid employees here are livin'...for the cit-tay."

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I am thinking of that that episode where Newman is guzzling all the Mountian Dew and then the clip of him opening his mail truck with all the recylcling bottles.

What a great way to use your company vehicle...

11. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

One of my several career-ending moments came when I overheard the VP in charge of our building renovation talking to my boss about new furniture being ordered for our ad departments. There wasn't enough money to do it all at once, so they were going to do retail advertising first and then update the classifieds call center a year or so later.

"That makes a lot of sense," I said in my usual tactful way. "You're giving the comfortable new chairs and workstations to the people you want out on the street selling 40 hours a week and making the call-center reps stay in 15-year-old chairs and rickety old desks eight hours a day.

"If retail reps are doing their job, they're not in the office often enough to know that they've got new furniture."

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

[​IMG]
    But you're a mailman. Neither rain, nor sleet, nor sn....it's the first one!

Draft saved Draft deleted