1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't Scott Skiles require all his players to shave their heads??

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Nov 29, 2006.

1. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Starman, your anti-coach schtick around here has grown increasingly tiresome, for me at least. And if I'm alone, I couldn't give two shits.

When the fuck did Rick Carlisle join Larry Brown? Seems to be Carlisle is the anti anti-Hitler, what with the gangsters on his team running the ship (right into the ground, mind you). And why is Scott Skiles imposing a team rule on a player making him out to be a terrible coach who doesn't get along with anyone?

Wallace is a fucking professional basketball player, being paid millions upon millions of dollars by his employer. The employer can make him do whatever the fuck it wants. If he doesn't like, sit on the bench and sulk, and watch you become the bad guy.

Skiles' only mistake thus far has been allowing his boss to sign the whiny bitch.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The Bulls should only care about whether or not Wallace is helping them win games, and not whether or not a stupid piece of cotton is draped around his forehead. Somehow I can't equate a fucking headband with his inclination to box out or play defense in his zone or do his part in the motion offense. Headbands don't win championships, organizations do. Or something like that.

And if Scott Skiles had the clout you intimated, then he'd be a total fucking idiot for telling the GM "don't sign him, we won't like his headband. Get someone else not as good instead." Hell I'd think he's back on cocaine if he did.

3. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

1) wallace hadn't been busting his ass or hustling all season. he was just doing his usual sulking/brooding bit and playing AWFUL basketball.
    the headband was kind of a last straw-type thing ... tho it is early in the season, so that should tell you what kind of mutt wallace is.

2) not everyone hates larry brown (tho i do). he did turn chauncey billups into one of the best guards in basketball.

3) ben wallace is a joke.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

The great majority of probems with pofessional athletes can be directly traced to the atitude that a team should only care about how a player can help it win games.

5. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

true dat.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

BTw, in reference to the title of the thread, they don't have everyone shave their heads, because then they wouldn't be able to give away the Ben Wallace wigs as a promotion during the season.....

7. stevenash

stevenash Member

but why would the franchise make a rule like that?? its just a headband not a hairstyle.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Hey, it could be worse. The Bulls could make all their players get Steve Nash haircuts.

9. stevenash

stevenash Member

don't hate on steve nash

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Why not? He's lost his powers like Samson.....BTW, are we talking shaggy or shaved Nash here?

11. pallister

pallister Guest

That monstrosity he has on his head this year.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not a fan of the skinheads are we?

Draft saved Draft deleted