1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesn't Aaron Rodgers talk to his family any more?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

New York Times piece this weekend which reveals - actually, his brother initially revealed it on a reality show - that Aaron Rodgers has "distanced himself" from his family and, in fact, has not spoken to his parents or siblings since the end of the 2014 NFL season.

It doesn't say or even hint at why.

Weird.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/15/...gers-green-bay-packers-nfl-playoffs.html?_r=0

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it has something to do with Munn. My wife used to watch The Bachelor (thankfully, she's not into anymore), so we saw that episode. That was the first I had heard of it.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

"Reveals" something that has been talked about all over the place for months. You're giving the Times a lot of undeserved credit.

Everyone says it's because of the Hollywood girlfriend. Has people guessing Scientology. Then there's some, uh, other stuff out there.

But we've all seen enough family situations go bad that we know better than to blame the athlete. The black parents from the inner city aren't the only ones with their hands out. The brother in particular seems to be very adept at coattail-riding and leveraging someone else's fame.

Tweener likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

That's what I was wondering, if it had to do with money.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Such as?

6. Dick Whitman

That he's gay, I assume.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Best gay quarterback in NFL history.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "He's not better than me, dammit."

(For the record, Rodgers is definitely better than Aikman.)

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Cam Newton could surpass him eventually.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Inky, the gay rumors got hot enough a few years ago that he had to have the co-host of his radio show ask him about it so he could issue a denial.

I said at the time he would find a high-profile girlfriend in the off-season and make many public appearances. And then came Olivia.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is Munn a Scientolgist?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Is that where she learned to sext?

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted