1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why does pot use result in hunger?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by novelist_wannabe, Feb 14, 2008.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Recognizing that the comic possibilities could very well be endless, I ask a semi-serious question, not that I have had any personal experience with this:

What characteristics about cannabis generate hunger in its users? DocTalk? Anyone?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Snack food manufacturers have been putting munchie-inducing additives in pot for decades.

Taco Bell and Little Debbie wouldn't exist without it.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls are perfection in a plastic wrapper.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to the question, but I wanted to take this opportunity to mention the movie 'Smiley Face.'
    As a former pot smoker, I thought it was pretty funny.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

I prefer the zebra cakes.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

All I know is, I was altered in Montreal one night, and it was late, and I could have eaten a shitburger and said yummy in my tummy. So that's what I did: I went to McDonald's, and I ordered a Big Mac with a poutine (fries, gravy, cheese curds) and a vanilla shake. If I ate that now, I would barf the biggest McBarf ever barfed. But at that moment, on that night, I swear on all that is holy, that was the best meal I'd ever eaten. In fact, even now, if someone asked me about my life's great dining experiences, I would put that in the top two or three. I don't think I've ever enjoyed food that much.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Can you give the magazine 3,000 words on that? I'd read it.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I ate a pack of Starburst while doped on opium-laced weed. Most vivid food experience I've ever had. Each bite felt like I was chomping head-long into an orange tree, or a strawberry patch, etc. It was tripalicious.

Then a buddy of mine and I looked at his furnace for a while and just cracked up. That was one funny ass furnace.

After that, we ensured that Taco Bell dominated Mexican food and late-night stoner market share.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I know that I feel so fucking parched, I need to be tossing stuff down the hatch in great quantities to rid myself of that feeling.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I can deal with the munchies. That the THC makes my dingus three inches shorter is problematic.

11. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Krispy. Kreme.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I had poutine at McD's while drunk this past weekend in Quebec City and it was amazing even though I'm pretty sure I'd never eat it at McD's while sober.

Draft saved Draft deleted