1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does Hillary still get a free pass from the media?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No Fenian -- I am just applying the same standard to George W. Bush you are trying to use as the be-all, end-all get out of jail free card for the Clintons, who clearly abused their power in many ways on many different fronts -- but hey "no crimes means no crimes".

You choose to believe every word written by liberal rags and liberals with an agenda as being the gospel yet ridicule people on the other side who do the same thing when they read conservative rags.

As much as you and many of your friends here would like it - - you can't have it both ways.

And because you are so shameless in your liberalism and Clinton defending, I DON'T have much hope for you in 2008.......

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I know. Clinton people murderered the man and raped Whitewater.

Bush? He's stayed the course on an unpopular move in much the way that FDR did with the Japanese problem in WWII.

Thanks for setting me straight.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I don't have hopes for their candidates, Zags. The Democrats are good at fucking up their own elections and candidates. Without that, what kind of victim card can they play? Who can they blame?

4. History in the wrong hands can do such terrible damage.
    Do you honestly believe that the internment of the Japanese wasn't popular?
    To the great discredit of this nation, it didn't become unpopular until long after the war.
    And comparing the current clusterfuck to FDR's leadership in WWII?
    I didn't know the Durants had done work for Colorforms.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't see it - at least in the NY Times. They have not been easy on her at all. Just last Sunday there was a magazine on Clintonism that did not put her in a very flattering light.

6. I read that one, Boom. Bai was right about a lot of it, but he was wrong about a little, namely the fact that the only option is Clintonist triangulation or lefty futility. He still doesn't seem to have caught up to the 06 midterms yet.

And, on topic, I post the following without comment:
    http://www.journalism.org/node/8187

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'd say survey is accurate. As far as Bai article you almost get the impression that Hillary is really nothing more than surogate for Bill.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

What has been popular, and duly supported, is the temporary sacrifice of certain individual rights to nail terrorists inside our own borders.

What hasn't been popular is seeing grandma getting everything but a cavity check at the local airport because we can't profile Muslim men between the ages of 18 and 34.

And to compare WWII and AMERICA's leadership then with what it is today? You're right, it is a clusterfuck, beginning with the dove wussies that empathize with anything Muslim. The Japanese didn't get that slack in 1942 and in part due to that attitude, the war ended in a little over 3 1/2 years.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You are stupid beyond belief. I mean, room temperature IQ stupid.

Tell me, you dumb motherfucker, how so you spot a Muslim? .

Oh, you mean the BROWN people.

If you weren't such a blatant racist, you'd be amusing.

10. The sacrifice of rights is never temporary.
    "Korematsu" is still on the books, foof.
    Check Them, not Us.
    Alan Rudolph says hello.
    Eight levels of ignorant.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The same way FDR's gang spotted a Japanese person. Sometimes, they got it wrong.

How many white or black grandmothers with an American name have you seen blowing airplanes up? Now that's a dumb motherfucker, one who hasn't yet discovered that difference.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And damn, I see Japanese interns EVERY DAY.

If you haven't noticed, in Massachusetts, a woman cannot be on top in sexual activities, eating while swimming in the ocean is prohibited and it is illegal to put tomatoes in clam chowder - all in the People's Republic.

www.crazylaws.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.