1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does Burger KIng have the dumbest commercials? whopperfreakout.com . . . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Dec 24, 2007.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm sure you've all seen those stupid Burger KIng commercials where they tell people at a Las Vegas BK that they no longer serve the Whopper, and the reactions are like 5 year olds who got their toys taken away. My favorite is the trophy wife type in her minivan who says "I want to see your manager when I come up to the window!!!!!"

This deviant humanity is also featured in a too-long video at whopperfreakout.com, as advertised in the commercial. The second half is contrived, as people order the Whopper and they give them something else. That's not a tribute to the Whopper, it's a tribute to people wanting to get what they ordered, no matter where they are.

These aren't as bad as the office Burger King ones, where the designated "hot chick" is inexplicably hanging out in the mail room when nerd boy comes down to get his order.

Their ads push me away. Viva la Big Mac.

Rant over.
  2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They're not as bad as the Sonic ads, but their food doesn't make up for the shitty ads.
  3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I agree. Horrible ads that mock the hell out of the subjects.

It's a Whopper. It ain't that good.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Side note to BYH: The George Mason jacket I bought you the other day should arrive at your door soon. Merry Festivus!
  5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

It's another Festivus miracle!
  6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Burger King can't even make decent fries, how are they going to have clever commercials?
  7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Re: Why does Burger KIng have the dumbest commercials? whopperfreakout.com . . .

Even stupider than the whopper freakout ones were the ones with the moms wanting to put a hit out on the King because he made a sandwich better than mom did.

And let's not forget this beauty:

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, but doesn't that happen in real life?
  9. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

I loathe all fast food and only buy it when I've got no other options, which is rare. Way overpriced for the quality of the food that you get. And many places challenge the concept of "fast food."

Stupid commercials? I rarely watch them. If I'm watching a game, I'll swap out the split screen to watch something else during a commercial. And if I'm watching a show recorded on DVR, I zip right through the commercials.
  10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Why does Burger KIng have the dumbest commercials? whopperfreakout.com . . .

The Whopper has declined in quality the last 10-12 years, I grant you. But their fries kick Jack in the Box's ass and their iced coffee is yummier than McD's.
  11. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Oh, NSFW, i suppose. And NSF other situations too, perhaps.
  12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted