1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does Bruce Willis suck now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 25, 2017.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The thing is, Cage could make a pretty good movie. Vampire’s Kiss, Raising Arizona, Matchstick Men, Adaptation, Wild at Heart, probably a couple other I’m forgetting. Con Air and it’s ilk are not on that list. But godalmighty, a good 80 percent of his films are absolute shit, with Zandalee (sp) the absolute worst.

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Cage is always willing to pick up the phone when someone calls and to collect a check. Like, even before his financial woes, that guy was in fucking everything. I'm not sure if that's better or worse than someone like Willis, who seems to be using discretion poorly. And, Willis isn't unique in this regard - Most of the A-listers from the 90s, their recent output is full of duds, excluding Our Lord and Scientologist Demon Savior Tom Cruise.

3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Did either Willis or Demi Moore do anything really of note since their marriage ended? Aside from hooking up with younger partners.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I'm no Cruise fan--in addition to the wack religious cult shit, every movie is Tom Cruise acting like he's Tom Cruise acting like he's someone else--but you gotta give the guy credit, this has been three-plus decades now of him understanding how to make his movies events. Even the Maverick sequel falls into that category.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Top 5 Cruise movies

Collateral
    The Color Of Money
    Top Gun-Original
    The Firm
    Cocktail

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Bruce still has Die Hard in his back pocket. They planned a sixth installment called "McClane" a couple years back. It was supposed to be a prequel of sorts, bouncing back and forth between young and old McClane. Disney taking over Fox seemed to slow it down.

8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Top 5 Cruise movies

Losin' It
    Legend
    The Outsiders
    All The Right Moves
    Endless Love

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Story. 1986 or 87. I'm 12 or 13 at the time.
    A lazy summer afternoon. A bunch of us were at the pool most of the afternoon.
    I hear the phone ring. My mom answers.
    ......"Chef......youre wanted on the phone!".....
    I pickup our downstairs phone.
    "Dude......youve GOT to get over here now......my dad just got his new satellite dish hooked up.....just get over here NOW."
    My boys house was one block to the east.
    I walk in "What?!"
    And there it was in all of their glory.
    A full fledged fucking going on in front of my eyes on television.
    I don't even know if I ever watched the whole movie or not, but I vividly remember one of the fuck scenes from All The Right Moves.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

We've got (Lea Thompson's) bush!!!!

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why in the hell did it take so long for this to happen?

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

No kidding. That’s great.

Draft saved Draft deleted