1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does anyone believe Ashley Madison?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 14, 2015.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wait, so if an account was setup and the payment denied by the credit card company because they believed it to be fraudulent, Ashley Madison still kept the account information on file?

That sounds like it was more intended to be a blackmail list.

Not to defend Biden's kid but if the bank said it was a fraud and he said it was a fraud and there's been extensive reporting on how Russia targets high profile Americans and tries to discredit them through various online means, then that's more reasonable to believe than Breitbart's reporting.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just FYI, I don't think it says the bank said it was fraud. What I read was the bank flagged it as possible fraud. I've had those before -- I've forgotten to tell the bank I'm going to be traveling, and when the bank sees a Visa charge from three states away, it suspends my card until I can call and tell them it was really me.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Doesn't work like that nowadays. Two weeks ago, I had to make two charges in the same store because I forgot to get something I needed. Card was declined. My phone was ringing, literally, before I could get another one out of my wallet.

They called three times before I got to the car. Called my wife twice before she got to the car.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Should be fun to see who reports this as factual:

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. Bump ... FTC investigating AM ...
    This seems long overdue.

Fembots land Ashley Madison in hot water with the FTC

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Made me think of the Ashley Madison stats:

Vombatus likes this.
  9. BUMP ...
    Just curious, does any think Tinder, and I am not on Tinder, has a similar setup like AM.com, with a lot of female bots to attract men to app?

I see a lot of these Tinder profiles on The Chive (don't even go there Bra'), and maybe I am out of touch - that's for damn sure based on @exmediahack 's incredible dating scene (Yeah Baby! [Austin Powers voice]) - but a lot of the female profiles seem over the top in terms of flaunting the desire for sex. There's no way there are all real. No. Way.
    Right?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There’s a major difference — you don’t pay for a basic Tinder membership.

If you get any of the add-ons, that’s your fault.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Is Ashley Madison still a thing? Or should I be using FarmersOnly.com?

Draft saved Draft deleted