1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does anyone believe Ashley Madison?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 14, 2015.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That Hunter Biden had an account on Ashley Madison isn't a big deal, but his denial that he set up the account is hysterical:

"I am certain that the account in question is not mine," Biden said in a statement provided to CNN. "This account was clearly set up by someone else without my knowledge and I first learned about the account in question from the media."

The existence of the account was first reported Monday by Breitbart News, which found the account information in searching through the huge trove of data on the site's users that was dumped online by hackers earlier this month.

The conservative website reported that the account was registered to a Robert Biden in Washington, D.C., though the date of birth is off by 10 years.

Biden's full name is Robert Hunter Biden.

The account was from an "attached male" who was apparently seeking "anything goes." It was created in 2014.

In his statement, Biden said he stopped using the email address that was used to set up the account because he believed it may have been compromised, and alluded to other times he was impersonated in an attempt to sully his reputation, though he did not name any specific incidents.

He also cited press reports that the website did not verify emails used to create accounts -- meaning that theoretically anyone can register with an email address even if they do not control the address.

"I am certain that is what happened in this case," Biden said.

Hunter Biden denies link to Ashley Madison - CNNPolitics.com

He should probably have given some more thought to his story:

Vice President Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden’s account on the extramarital dating website Ashley Madison was used and likely created on the Georgetown University campus while Biden was teaching there.

Business executive Robert “Hunter” Biden, reportedly an adviser to his father’s political career, told Breitbart News Monday that he suspected his enemies of creating a fake Ashley Madison account for him in order to discredit him. The email address provided for “Robert Biden’s” account matched a personal email address once used by Biden, the vice president’s son confirmed.

Biden thinks international agents, possibly Russian, who objected to his board membership with a Ukrainian gas company set up a fake account to discredit him. A source close to Biden told People Magazine after the first Breitbart story ran that the IP address for the account traces to Jacksonville, Florida.

But account information shows that the profile, which was confirmed by a credit card purchase in 2014, was used at the latitude/longitude point of 38.912682, -77.071704.

That latitude-longitude point just happens to exist on the Georgetown University campus, at an administrative building on Reservoir Road. And Hunter Biden just happened to be teaching there around the time the account was set up.

Georgetown adjunct assistant professor Robert Hunter Biden taught a Spring 2014 semester class at Georgetown called “Art of Advocacy In and Out of Government.” The three-credit class, the only one Biden ever taught, was a lecture at Georgetown’s Intercultural Center, which is located on Reservoir Road less than a third of a mile from the point where the account was created, according to Google Maps, which is not 100 percent precise but close when it comes to finding the exact origin point of the account. Though the class wrapped about six weeks before the account was confirmed, teachers and professors often return to the campus for grading and other endeavors.

The IP address associated with Biden’s account shows that the account user was on a Mobile device. An expert tells Breitbart News that the latitude/longitude location was flagged during the account setup process.

The account’s owner tried to make a credit card purchase confirming the account on June 25, 2014 with a Visa card for $268.99, which would have given him membership on the site at the “Affair Guarantee” level. The issuing bank declined that purchase and reported it as possible fraud, which an expert tells Breitbart News means that the information the account-holder gave matched the card exactly and the purchase was attempted over a cell phone, triggering an alarm.

Hunter Biden's Ashley Madison Account Created at Georgetown

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is total bullshit.

What law did Hunter Biden break?

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don't believe he believes that account is not his.

5. Dick Whitman

Tell me your opinion on the Patrick Kane accuser's allegations at this point, smart guy.

She left right away.

She called a close family member.

She went to the hospital.

She went to the police.

We know next to nothing about the incident. We haven't heard from the accused. He hasn't been charged.

What is your interpretation of her actions in the aftermath?

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Jesus man. The joke's over. Let it go. Let it die a peaceful death. Put some flowers on the grave. Say ashes to ashes, etc, then walk away.

7. TheSportsPredictor

C'mon, this is a new twist. You know things never die on SJ anyway.

8. TheSportsPredictor

You sound near tears.

9. Dick Whitman

You are offended that I said that I believe she believes she was raped.

How would you interpret her state of mind after the incident? How would you phrase it?

10. TheSportsPredictor

Questions are for dopes.

11. Dick Whitman

You don't like how I interpreted it. You even think it is joke-worthy.

So how would you interpret her state of mind after the incident? How would you phrase it?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And away we go!

Draft saved Draft deleted