1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do you like football?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by leo1, Nov 29, 2006.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

although i love the hard hits as much as the next guy i don't watch for the violence. if that's what got me turned on, i'd enjoy boxing, ufc and maybe even wwe-style wrestling. but i have no interest in that garbage.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think, if you look at baseball, basketball and football, football is easily the one sport that's the closest to being out of control at all times. At the higher levels, the speed is mind-numbing. That's a big selling point.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I like the battles in the trenches. I like when a great block is delivered so a great play can develop. I like the last two minutes of a game when it is on the line because that's when the money players deliver. I also like that there's only one game a week for each team.

As for hating football? Easy. Preseason football.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Funny. You call the guy who says baseball's downtime is no worse than football's a "baseball remora" (guess you haven't been to a game lately where you watch the teams stand around and scratch themselves for five minutes as commercials air) yet you actually post this with, I presume, a straight face.

Draft saved Draft deleted