1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some people hate fantasy sports so much?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Apr 25, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The closest she gets to liking anything sci-fi related is watching X-Men movies so she can stare at Hugh Jackman.

I just thank G-d that Mrs. OOP is so much more normal than I am. Otherwise, there would be no hope at all for my daughter. Little OOP does keep asking me when she gets to see Ziggy on television, though. :)

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think for two reasons:
    1. I'm extremely self-absorbed, so I'm offended when people talk about things that don't have to do with me or my interests.
    2. I'm quite small-minded, so I have a hard time understanding why/how others can be interested in things that don't intertest me.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd rather hear about your fantasy team than your shoe tree, 5K, kids' bowel movements, your health problems, your financial problems, our your personal lord and savior.

So, you know.

I think some people just hate small talk.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

If you're not going to say something worthwhile, such as something about me, then please don't say anything.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Buck finds salami to be the most sensuous of the salted, cured meats.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I thought it was pastrami?

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Pastrami is indeed the most sensual of the salted, cured meats, and he knows it.
    By the way, went to a place called Tommy's Joynt in San Francisco last week. Excellent pastrami. The best I've had on the West Coast.

http://www.tommysjoynt.com/index.html

And now Ryan Braun is just on a tear for the Well Known Baseball Team.

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Trees. One for each shoe. Unless the person is one-legged, if someone talks about having a shoe tree, singular -- you're right, back away slowly.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I knew I could count on you, Frank.

How's your back? ;)

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm not playing any fantasy sports until I'm admitted to the NIAFL.

Failing that, I'm going to call Gary Davidson and form the AIAFL. I'm going to have red-white-and-blue balls, a NBC TV contract and the winner will win the Avco Cup.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I have the perfect solution. I'm going to put Buck on my fantasy team. Everyone wins.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not true: People give a shit about Buck. Nobody gives a shit about your fantasy team! [/spnited] :D

Draft saved Draft deleted