1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do So Many Drew Rosenhaus/ Miami U Clients Get Arrested/ Shot/ Killed?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

It does make sense. If you have a client list that includes a bunch of thugs who don't give a shit about five years from now, of course they're going to ignore retirement and go for the most money right now. Rosenhaus is their perfect agent.

Why worry about 401Ks when I can make it rain in a club and fantasize about being in a rap video?

2. sg86

sg86 Member

This is really a square-rectangle kind of issue.

Most of the idiot thugs in the league are represented by Rosenhaus, but not all of the players represented by Rosenhaus are idiot thugs, if that makes sense to anyone.

3. Why would you include Jerome McDougle on this list?

McDougle (note the spelling) has never been in trouble with the law, has never been suspended by his team, has never been arrested, has never been in any sort of trouble of any sort.

He was shot during a robbery while driving near his Miami home.

You really ought to check your facts before you make blanket statements like this.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

a perfect analysis by sandomir. drew is a scumbag agent of the highest order. he generally preys on players from the u. or who work out in the offseason at the u. sells 'em by offering his services at cut-rate prices. lies about the value of contracts he lands for his clients to use the day-after headlines to help his recruiting. by the time the real terms ar discovered, he couldn't care less -- he's got his headline to help him recruit others.

the list of players he has stolen from other agents has made him many enemies in the profession. imo, he's an enabler of the highest regard. i don't know if he has ever told a client anything the client preferred not to hear. i've never seen evidence that he gets any of his clients a penny more than any other agent would.

but i give him a ton of credit for selling himself to players. his list of clients is mighty impressive. make no mistake, however, the man is a scumbag of the highest order.

5. joe king

joe king Active Member

I've dealt with plenty of agents, and he's the slimiest I can remember coming across. Except maybe Norby Walters and Lloyd Bloom.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

He needs to be put down like Old Yeller.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

You answered your own question - He fits into 3 out of the 4 slots - The U / Rosenhaus client/ shot.

Where is my research flawed?

Just sayin --- can you come up with a longer list of clients from another agent that have had that much trouble?

8. Boom_70

If I am not mistaken poor Lloyd is no longer with us. If my memory serves me correctly the fickle finger of Glock turned on Bloom and he was aced out .

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

There's slimy and then there's putrid. Even Drew doesn't deserve to be compared to Norby and the very late Lloyd:

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1067699/index.htm

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yes, it is,but not necessarily an inaccurate one. I am NOT saying that every single Rosenhaus client fits the mold, but some of the names listed in the original post are primary reasons why I want nothing at all to do with the NFL anymore.

Yes, as a whole, I think agents and their influence have largely ruined the pro game.

11. The NFL will miss you.
    I certainly pine for the days when management held all the cards and players were disposable units who could get used up and demolished and then cast aside as cripples and AD victims in their retirements. Yeah, them was the days.
    And the "monkey in a suit" line is the single worst piece of racist drivel anyone's ever posted here. Congrats for that.

12. Boom_70

Timely story by ESPN this week on why NFL players live in fear and carry guns.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted