1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do I care?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 8, 2006.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

My husband is a fan of Syracuse and the Yankees.

Saturday was not a good day.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Evil,

When you find yourself questioning why you should care...

Dig deep.

Do what any self-respecting person would do:

Get involved in fantasy sports and/or gambling.

Do the right thing -- give yourself a reason to care.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

At this point, I care more about my video-game exploits than the real thing. Lifer Yankees fan, barely flinched when they lost. Am in the third season of a dynasty with Oregon, got thermonuclearly pissed when Stanford beat me 19-14 at home in week 2. Sure, my QB's a sophomore and doesn't possess the speed or arm strength that my Michael Vick wannabe did in two seasons with me, but five interceptions makes Meat a mad boy.

But they beat Cal 72-7 at their place and are 5-1 overall now, so my chance at a third striaght BCS bowl is still there.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm with you Meat. The status of my Madden franchise (and, also, my Madden superstar) is a lot more important to me, and rewarding, than watching the Texans bumble around the field.

Draft saved Draft deleted