1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do decent threads turn into p*ssing matches?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by budcrew08, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

End. Of. Thread.

2. blueview

blueview Member

Because for some people, this is their personal playground.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This makes the assumption that the posters aren't irrespoinsible, loudmouth jackasses in real life, too.......

4. My question on the gay marraige thread was sincere. I am trying to understand reasons beyond religion why people are against it. It wasn't a deliberate attack on conservatives, just a question so I can understand. I am sorry if it let to the thread being shutdown.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It wasn't you.

6. Bingo, bango, bongo.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I completely disagree. These pissing matches are provoked by posters who suffer from some sort of personality disorder or social ineptness. It can easily be prevented, but the posters who do this ad nauseum get off on it.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I have no problem with gay marriage. Its the thought of the marriage consumation that bothers me. The idea of a man sticking his penus into the rectum of another will just ruin your lunch.

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Then you probably shouldn't be thinking about that at lunch.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I will agree with this, but not in the way I think you meant it.

There's a lot to be said in the 'as long as the liberals get their say' part, but I think it also works for republicans. The problem comes here.

Liberal: George Bush is an idiot.
    Repub: No he's not.
    Liberal: YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON AND YOU PROBABLY FUCK YOUR SISTER!

Or, conversely:

Repub: George Bush is misunderstood.
    Liberal: No, he's an idiot.
    Repub: FUCK YOU, BILL CLINTON GOT A BLOWJOB AND LIBERALS WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE SEX WITH THE SAME SEX!

I think the problem has a lot to do with what pallister said, in that it's much cooler to instantly revert to personal attacks on the internet than it is in real life. Where in an actual conversation, one would try to have a well-thought-out, point-for-point exchange of ideas, on here, it's all about leveling the most crushing insult. Or going for the meme jokes. Or just being a douche.

11. The Irony Free zone is open, I see.

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately your mind is not.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.