1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do citizens support a flat tax?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 6, 2011.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They aren't appointed for life. You don't have to donate to vote.

If Americans were really as fed up as they claim to be, they'd stop voting in so many people who are doing the things that make them fed up.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I got a lot better plan than raising my taxes $100 a week.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This could all be a symptom of the ever-growing election cycle, too, and the fact that people aren't paying attention yet. To be honest, I had no idea about the impact of 9-9-9 on the $50K or $500K worker until I read it on this thread. And that poll was taken more than a year away from the election. I know primary season is getting close, but those numbers could reflect as much as anything that people aren't paying attention and aren't going to pay attention for months and months.

Cable channels and message boards like to think people are tuned in for the whole cycle and every poll and every campaign speech is a game-changer, but that isn't the case.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you think the OWS crowd is made up of "average joes" you're seriously delusional.

Draft saved Draft deleted