1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did I do this...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 2, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yard sale...
    It's 9:30 a.m.... first fatass tub o' popcorn. chain smokin, mini-van drivin obese polyester pants wearin' lard-ass showed up to slowly drive by at 7:10...
    It's 84 headed to 94 with the heat index somewhere around intolerable...
    Got four hours of sleep and the average age of people who have stopped by is... dead...
    So why did I do this>

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

For the $67 in beer money at the end of the day?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

More like it.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm hiding in the office on the computer and Ms. Slappy sticks her head in and tells me to come outside because there are a lot of people.
    I go out, potential buyers scatter, I'm ordered back in the house...

Have to figure something out... Ms. Slappy's going with her sister-in-law to listen to Def Leppard screech tonight, so I need somethin to do...

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is why I take unwanted stuff to Goodwill or Salvation Army. I have better things to do than serve as a retail clerk in my front yard and I don't have any leftovers at the end of the day.

6. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Drink lots of beer ...

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

We live in an apartment. Once a year I send our useless shit down to my retired parents, three hours away. They have a yard sale once a year and sell our shit and keep a cut. It's awesome.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You should have at least put shorts over the sj thong you were wearing.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

that was last night, which helps explain the serious case of drag-ass I have today

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

This guy I used to know once lived in Austin. "Volatile" might sum him up quite generously. You didn't wanna cross his path. Hell, the guy even looked like Nicholson in "The Shining." This was the kinda guy who would wait months for revenge against someone who he thought did him wrong.

Eventually, he was fired from his job down in A-Town and moved to San Francisco. Six months later, he takes out a classified ad in the Austin newspaper: "YARD SALE 123 JONES ST-SAT/SUN. COME EARLY 4 BST SLCTION."

Of course, that house belonged to his next-door honkey-trash neighbors, who loved to crank the stereo late at night, party and that sorta thing. And knowing how yard sale vultures are, you probably know how this one played out.

Draft saved Draft deleted