1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't we straighten Mexico out?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dog eat dog world, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This is a valid point.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Or legalize and regulate them, so you could operate a drug business without needing massive amounts of weaponry, where corporate takeovers could be handled by people in suits instead of in camo.

3. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

From racism and homophobia to global thermonuclear war. Either Mark is a sociopath or this is some massive Jonathan Swift long-con he's been playing on everyone.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, obviously. But the notion that we should declare war on someone because we buy their products is a bit daft.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nuking Mexico would wreak havoc with the USA-Mexico soccer rivalry.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No shit. Even if he gets it past the Mexican border, he still has to get the gun past the the borders in Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica before reaching his "surfing" destination, and then cross all of those borders again on his return trip.

How much common sense does it take to realize you don't tote a shotgun on a trip that requires twice negotiating five different Central American border crossings? I'm having trouble conjuring up too much sympathy for that kind of foolishness.

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Of course.

Would they retaliate by launching bags of urine at us?

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

9. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Why can't we straighten dog eat dog world out?---every person in Mexico

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought he was talking about Coca-Cola hecho en Mexico, aka the good stuff with real sugar not high-fructose corn syrup.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe we can collect all the guns we can find here and send dog over the border with them. ... and solve multiple problems with one shot (no pun intended).

It doesn't solve the Canada problem, but I'm thinking there is a tidy North Korean solution for that one.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Mebbe we should JR to deal with the Mexicans. Based on an email exchange I have had with him over the past day or so he won't make any more sense to them than he does to me. That might solve both problems!

Draft saved Draft deleted