1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Can't I Call In Sick?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pete Incaviglia, Apr 7, 2009.

1. -Scoop-

-Scoop- Member

Oh, I know it won't help. I think most of us understand that. But I do think most at this point of the industry are die-hards. Whether someone calls in sick or doesn't is up to the person's discretion and the place where they work. There's no right or wrong answer to it since it obviously depends on specific circumstances.

2. Babyjay

Babyjay Member

The older I get, the more colds and such really knock me out. I've called in sick for colds a couple of days the past few years and I would have been mortified to do that earlier in my career. One of the reasons I'm at a big metro paper now is that I wanted to work somewhere that it wasn't a crisis if I was sick and had to stay home. Had enough of that early on at the small papers. I probably use 5-6 of my seven sick days a year. Most of the time when I'm sick now, I've caught it from the kids. They're like little bio-terrorists!

Draft saved Draft deleted