1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why can't conservatives do funny?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Feb 16, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

That was not funny. It was not delivered well.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

A laugh track? Ouch. I know wealthy Republicans are used to paying people to laugh at their jokes, but c'mon. You can do better than "B.O. Magainze" followed by supposed uproarious laughter from the audience.

Painful.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is this the show that Olbermann was talking about last night that spliced in footage of Africans dancing between clips of Obama announcing his run for the presidency?

4. That would be the one, yes,

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow. Just wow.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Perhaps it's because the snowstorms are being caused by the global warming. See, global warming melts ice and snow up north, sending moisture into the air, which is carried south by air currents and deposited on the United States in various places.

Ironic, maybe. Funny? Not so much.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In Alexandra Pelosi's documentary about evangelicals, she spent a lot of time on the "conservative stand-up comedian" Brad Stine. At one point he started bitching about how if he was a gay, black "liberal" he'd have his own TV sitcom, even though more Americans are "like him." But because he is "the conservative comedian" he can't catch his break. She put enough footage of his act in the documentary, though, for anyone with a sense of humor to realize that he hasn't caught a break because he just plain sucks. he was the most unfunny comedian ever to grab a microphone.

The real comedy in the documentary was Ted Haggard. He's interviewed throughout, and toward the end, he goes off on homosexuals. She froze the film with him in mid sentence, and put text on the screen saying, "A year after this was filmed..."

Now *THAT* was funny.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

BWUHAHAHAHAHA! That IS funny!

9. I saw pieces of that documentary. I turned it off, though, when they showed the kids being indoctrinated by this bullshit. Hey, the Book of Job mentions a giant creature. That's proof dinosaurs existed at the same time as man! Now let's sing a little ditty about it, kids! It was just too infuriating.

10. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Gee, I wonder if they'll make a Bill Clinton oral sex joke. ::)

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They'll probably start the show wearing stained blue dressed and smoking cigars.

My sides are splitting just thinking about it.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I can't wait to see the Daily Show's take on this! By the way, they are buying ads to promote the new show on Facebook, the networking site mainly for college students. I can't imagine this is going to play the way it is intended with most college kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted