1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Canada Sucks: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 24, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Liquordome is one of the great drinking establishments on the planet.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Three big lobsters? That'd set you back around $100.00 in the Centre of the Universe.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Best lobster I've ever had was in Shediac, NB, the lobster capital of the world.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Yeah, it's known for a great pick-up place. It is for the younger drinking crowd.

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Well JR, the great thing about being a Haligonian is the generosity of others. What I mean it that I did not have to pay for the lobsters. Someone else did, and boy they were worth every penny of it.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

We should have a SportsJournalists.com outing in Halifax. Our newest Canuck member Cansportschick can organize it. :)

I'll be out there in the fall anyway.

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I would go, but it couldn't be an outing. Just a gathering. But god, it would be awesome. IF we did it in the summer, we could room at the Dalhousie dorms (that's where I stayed when I went up there). There were like two-room suites, with two twin beds, and a shower per suite, for like $33 a night.

8. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Yes, we had one of those in Ottawa once upon a time. Quite sketchy indeed.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, right. Outing's need the blessing of Pope Moddy the Third. :)

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Well, it needs a major-league team. And since the Expos moved south, I think we've fulfilled our Canada quotient. :)

11. Flash

Flash Guest

My sister-in-law used to play at Your Father's Moustache from time to time ... great place.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ha, I was just communicating with cansportschick earlier via PM...Your Father's Moustache was one of only two places I could remember eating and drinking at while in Halifax. I sat up on the roof patio.

The other: My Other Brother Darryl's. Seriously, Canadian places have way cooler names.

Draft saved Draft deleted