1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Canada Sucks: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 24, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

If you win the 649 on Saturday, we're having lunch again on Sunday. And Monday. And Tuesday. And Wednesday....

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

River Cafe in Calgary might have been the best dining experience I've ever had. Definitely go there.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Aw, why the hate for Rizzy? There are actually few things funnier than getting him drunk and making him tell the story about replacing Ernie Harwell.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Spend a weekend partying your ass off in Vancouver, BC and you'd think differently.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's definitely in the plans. I know all about the coolness between the city and the mountains. It's been wet and cold this spring in this part of the Rockies as well. Hell, it just snowed in the foothills here two days ago.

6. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Hey JR, what about Halifax...where do you rank it?

7. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Go to the Camby on Camby, my favourite bar/beer hall of all time.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Halifax. Best hidden secret in North America.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

IMO, Halifax is the best party town in Canada.

10. Cansportschick

You've got that right. The downtown core is unreal! I am too attached here to leave. I am a proud Haligonian and the one thing I tell people is the nightlife is the greatest part of Halifax.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Halifax is amazing. I went alone for a week about 6 years ago (god I need to go back). Had a ball. Fabulous lobster and wine, fabulous nightlife, great people. Love love love Halifax. Someday (someday!) I shall live there.

12. Cansportschick

IJAG, I guess I probably shouldn't share with you that I ate three lobsters last night ;D
    They were so yummy! :p
    I guess what I am shocked about is that I ate three big lobsters :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted