1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Canada Sucks: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 24, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I can relate. I recently bought a round-trip ticket from Nashville to NYC for $142, including taxes.

My question is -- how the hell is Delta supposed to make money off this?

2. Flash

Flash Guest

You can leave. I'll stay up here for the full year of mat leave and other fun things such as safety and what not.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if I should be looking forward or dreading my first trip up there next month.

4. Detroit's a great place ... to visit ... I've got a friend in the burbs. Always good times. Take the tunnel to Windsor to drink Molsen, take in a Tigers/Red Wings game (haven't seen the new Tigers stadium yet) and there's always a Bob Seger or KISS concert somewhere ...

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Depends where you're going.

Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, St. John's--good.

Moose Jaw, Winnipeg, Hamilton, or Wawa--not so much.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Canada is awesome. I had a lot of fun in Toronto.

7. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Milehigh......if you set low expectations you should be fine,.....Canada is awful. The people are rude, there's nothing to do,....and if you're going to Quebec the people there refuse to speak english.

If you don't have to go, stay home. It's certainly not a place to go on a vacation.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I hear Prince Edward Island is nice.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

you heard wrong JR......unless you love potatoes, or have some sick fascination with "Anne of Green Gables".
    ;)

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Come on? Wawa, the city so nice they named it twice?! Awesome little place, which is home to the world's biggest Canadian geese (statues, of course).

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Anne of Green Gables?

I'm not Japanese. :)

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

If you think it's so much "safer" you watch too much dramatic TV and not enough Canadian news.

A kid was shot in a Toronto high school this week. And America, which I've visited a lot of, is as safe as anywhere else. If you don't go looking for trouble, it doesn't usually find you either.

Draft saved Draft deleted