1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why athletes avoid the media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Regardless, it's still THEIR dressing room and whoever this person was, they were grossly irresponsible.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

It's not like this guy was trimming his bush or anything. I don't think you need to go somewhere more private. And honestly who would really fear something like this happening enough to go out of their way not to do it when most people do, when they get out of the shower?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about calling them cheats when they pour some liquid on their jerseys, even though all we know about the liquid is the guy drank it. :)

I agree that while Blackburn picked a bad place to do this, the reporter is really at fault here.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This is why I use nothing less than my car key to clean my ears.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Granted, the locker room with media and players milling about is not the best place to clean your ears, but blaming Blackburn would be blaming the victim. That makes no sense at all.

Whoever did it needs to fess up and apologize. Otherwise, I'd like to see him/her called out by name.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think Jay Mariotti did it!

No wait ... bad first guess.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

I thought is was about Mentkiewicz getting nailed by a YES ENG guy.

8. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Actually, he was a freelancer. And I say was because he no longer works for YES. There's a shocker. Steinbrenner probably called from Tampa and ordered his termination.

9. Blue font?

I remember Rafael Santana missed like a month for puncturing his eardrum with a Q-tip. That comes from my useless information file.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A freelancer from CLEVELAND. Word is Sports Time Ohio is going to hire him and tell him to film around A-Rod all day tomorrow.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

/channeling DocTalk

You're NEVER supposed to use a Q-tip to clean wax out of your ears. It takes out wax, sure, but the pressure from the cotton swab also causes more wax to get impacted. Use ear drops instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted