1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why aren't the socalled Reverends Jackson and Sharpton attacking this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2007.

1. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Abbott, you're funny as hell. I love your touch, man. And I mean that.

You're an excellent contrarian, and pot-stirrer. :)

2. Gold

Gold Active Member

Maybe the Rutgers women's team accepted Imus's apology, but General Motors and Proctor and Gamble didn't. That is what is meaningful.

3. al and jesse are awful people who need to go way.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I judge by their ACTIONS, not their COLORS. And their ACTIONS say PLENTY.

5. I thought you guys liked that stuff. After all, being promiscuous is healthy.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That sounds a little racist, no?
    [/quote]

You really need to quit going to those sensitivity training sessions. Too much of a good thing damages your mental tools.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

You really need to quit going to those sensitivity training sessions. Too much of a good thing damages your mental tools.
    [/quote]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. boots

boots New Member

The problem is a very simple one.
    White people hear a rapper saying ho or nigger and think it's hip or cool. They hear it and don't know its true meaning or connotation until someone either beats the shit out of them or tells them it is wrong to say.
    Black people know the true meanings of the words and the context in which they are used. The words have a different meaning when a conversation is between two blacks.
    Unless you've been living in a cave, you know this. If you think I'm wrong and you're white, try using that language around a group of black people and see what happens. Does the word wigger mean anything?
    In short, its time to put both words in the grave.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Ugh. Sensitivity training. Often bad.

10. Since the fourth post on this thread proved that Sharpton actually HAS BEEN attacking "this," I'm not sure why this thread has continued.
    And it appears that JJ is not the only shakedown artist (from Joe Monahan's New Mexico Politics):

DON IMUS, PLEASE GO HOME

The implosion of radio shock jock Don Imus is nothing for Governor Big Bill to cry in his beer over. The 66 year old Imus has derided the NM Governor as a "fat sissy" and told the state's chief executive, in Spanish, and on the air, to "kiss his ass" when he recently criticized Big Bill for not helping to build a community center in Ribera, NM. Imus has a ranch near there that he uses for his charity which serves children suffering from life-threatening illnesses. MSNBC has permanently canceled the simulcast of the Imus radio program which has been suspended for two weeks by CBS Radio.

Imus has since patched things up with Bill over the community center. He faces a two week suspension for racist comments about the Rutgers University women's basketball team. He called them "nappy headed hos." With comments like that, Imus could use a few friends, especially ones like Big Bill who is a leading Hispanic political figure. Credit NM columnist Ned Cantwell, among others, with calling Imus on the carpet when he went berserk on the Governor. In retrospect, I was behind the curve on that one.

It's too bad Imus's mental breakdown did not come earlier. The Guv and the Legislature agreed to put up $600,000 for the community center, in part, to shut up Imus. As others have written, why should New Mexicans be bullied by a wealthy New Yorker who could well afford to build that center himself?

Richardson has not yet said whether he will again appear on the now disgraced Imus show. One hopes he does not let the Rutgers comments go unanswered. After the ass-kicking he received from Imus no one would fault Bill if he doesn't turn the other "cheek"--and tell Imus "bese mi asno."

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do you really want to get into the linguistic capabilities of the average African American rap loving youth?
    Besides, we know that rap isn't for the black kids, it's the middle class suburban white kids that support the rap and hip hop industry. The white kids spend their money on rap CDs, black kids spend their money on 22 inch rims.

White kids just love it when black rappers call black girls bitches and hos and cocksuckers and call each other nigger.

12. boots

boots New Member

unfortunately there is some truth in what you have written.

Draft saved Draft deleted