1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why aren't the socalled Reverends Jackson and Sharpton attacking this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2007.

1. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

lol. they aren't running to rappers' doors cuz those 2 clowns know they have little credibility
    lol. exactly. All the more reason Al and Jesse should be pushing the issue to MAKE it a topic that demands attention, but they don't. They pick the easy fights. I WISH they'd grandstand against gangsta rap. Grandstand against something big that could really change the way a culture is perceived. No, instead they continue to act like it's 1965 and peddle over piddly he-said-what? issues like this Imus incident.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, the big difference in when and where these comments were made. Imus used his own show, which happens to be on public airwaves, which means you have to show some responsibility. Rappers make their comments on CDs and singles with parental advisory stickers, and those CDs and singles have to be bought by the public to heard. Rappers don't have much control over whether anyone hears their message. Imus didn't have that problem.

Rutgers waited a long time to hold a press conference. In fact, Imus had already been suspended by the time Rutgers decided to hold one and finally comment. It's not like Rutgers snapped its fingers and set all this in motion. They had little do with this from the start, simply watching from a distance for a long time.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

maybe some camels are more equal than others
    [​IMG]

4. jboy

jboy Guest

I'm sorry, but that's fucking stupid. So anybody who has listened to rap and then failed to lead a march on rappers' homes cannot criticize Imus or anybody else when they insult people? Brilliant. I think Jackson and Sharpton are total clowns, I don't expect anything out of them and neither should you or any other self-respecting black/white/whatever person. But just becaue they didn't march on Snoop's house doesn't mean they weren't right in criticizing Imus.

5. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't mean to out anyone, but for the record, Peter Gammons made this argument this morning on Mike & Mike.

7. jboy

jboy Guest

8. Yes, of course.
    Peter has long enjoyed Eazy-E's interview program on NBC News.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Where did all these Don Imus fans come from?

Shouldn't they be organizing Dixie Chicks boycotts?

Hypocrisy be thy name...

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

That was beyond rap. Jackson got himself a little while pretending to be holy.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Still, genius, replace words with murder. Premeditated sure carries a lot of weight.

Just once do you ever attack someone who's an extreme liberal?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Seriously, do you even try and make sense any more, or are you just our pet monkey, content to smear shit on the walls?

Draft saved Draft deleted