1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are you weird?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

I'm weird cause I'm actually reserved and quiet away from my job

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

It ain't cheese-free pizza, but here's a few:

* I'd rather eat at Denny's or roadside diner than a four-star restaurant.

* I think Starbucks is the worst coffee on the planet.

* I'll pay $9 to see cerebral trash like "Saw 4" in the theaters yet insist "No Country for Old Men" or "There will be Blood" are rentals.

* The only alcohol I drank in seven total years of college was 11 beers and one shot of whiskey. And that was in one night.

* I actually get a weird kick out of those awful Z-grade horror/giant (animal/reptile/insect/amphibious creature/etc) movies they show constantly on the SciFi channel. Things like Pat Morita taking on a giant cobra or James Van der Beek chasing some mysterious killer lake squid is just plain funny.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Thinking Starbucks is the worst coffee on the planet is not weird. That is all.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So we've had "that is all" twice now. Do I lock the thread because, well, that is all?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Can you do that?

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

If I were on death row and got to chose one last meal, it would be a huge plate of veggies.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Can you decide your portions on death row?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'll take pulled pork with lots of vinegar

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I don't have first hand experience, but portions wouldn't matter. It would be one giant plate of veggies, covered in spices. And a nice pinot noir.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm serious. I wonder if you can choose your portion sizes for your last meal. It'd be great, though probably create some problems: "Let's see, for my last meal, I'd like a two cheeseburgers, a bag of Fritos and a vat of macaroni salad. And I'm going to need a pair of chopsticks."

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That sounded vaguely like fava beans and a nice chianti.

By the way, I am eating broccoli, kidney beans and brown rice right now. Lots of spices...

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A guy here once did five Big Macs as his final meal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.