1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are people stupid?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Dec 5, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Guess again.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

"Don't take sh_t from nobody!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Three people out of how many thousands that saw him complained. And if someone just bends down with loose-fitting pants and you always see their crack, would that be obscenity? Children go to the beach and see women in thongs and men in speedos, I think they'll survive this.

Plus, the way airport security is headed, eventually everyone will be in Speedos as they pass through the metal detectors. Until the first Speedo Bomber strikes, of course.

Or maybe this guy just hasn't figured out yet that Speedos are out, and full-body skintight suits let you glide through the airport in record time.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

No, 3 people complained to that particular cop. Almost everyone I saw look at this guy either shook their head or said something to him, and it wasn't nice. My favorite was "Lose a bet in a gay bar?"

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I could go on and on about the management at Circuit City but ... ah well, I'll do it when I have more time.

6. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

How long were you hanging around this guy that you heard enough comments to have a favorite?

Back to the point, however: It's a free country. Deal with it and don't be so uptight. Stupidity is everywhere. If this is the worst version of it you encounter, consider yourself lucky.

7. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

This is so very correct. And I'm not saying I agree with the Speedo, Santa T-shirt, butt-crack showing dude, but it's his right to dress how he wants. If you don't like it, look away. And if you don't want your children looking at it, then shield them from it. It's your efen job as a parent. I'm tired of society trying to cater everything we do around what children should and should not see. That's the responsiblility of the parent, not the general public.

Parents are too lazy nowadays. They want society to behave how they'd like to raise their children, so they don't actually have to work as a parent. You don't like the butt-crack-showing man at the airport? Fine. Then teach your kid that you feel that's not the proper way to present yourself in public. Be a parent, be a mentor. Don't expect other people to do it for you.

I'm reminded of George Carlin's wisdom when he said during his final HBO special, "People, no one cares about your children. That's why they're YOUR children."

They're your children. Raise them in your own image and don't expect other people to behave how you prefer. That's just unrealistic.

8. KG

KG Active Member

Exactly. I mean, I don't want to be stuck seeing the guy in Speedos (or any guy for that matter, gross), but there's nothing they can legally do about it. Suggest, maybe, but not force. It's funny, because there used to be those signs on many business doors "no shoes, no shirt, no service." Even when I was little, I would joke about the fact that they don't mention anything about pants. Just sayin.

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

[​IMG]

(And yes, Speedo Santa sounds gross. No argument there.)

10. Is our children learning?

11. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

By Speedo do you mean a small lycra swimsuit? If so, the airline does not have to allow him to fly in that outfit. He can look like a fool in the concourse, but the airline has the right to tell him to put on a pair of pants or shorts if he wants to get on the plane.

12. Flash

Flash Guest

I think I just fell in love with you, editorhoo.

Draft saved Draft deleted