1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why are all suitcases black? (AKA running SC flies East thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Aug 1, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Re: Why are all suitcases black?

I think spnited supposed the feed the brat tonight.

You've got him Friday, Zeke, and he's yours over the weekend W-B

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Of the many great lessons my parents taught me, never buying black luggage was one of the most underrated.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The cab driver was a total hottie! Too bad I have a ride when I get back into town or I would so call and request him. Major flirt too.

4. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

SC here's what the Legume's do when they travel.

My funny little honey ties a colorful piece of fabric to the handle of each bag we check. I know not where it comes from, but she obviously doesn't care what happens to it on the trip. when the bags start sliding into the baggage-go-round...it's easy to spot ours. :D

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Slap a piece of silver duct tape on each side, and there is no problem spotting your bags as they come out.

Wish all problems were this easy to fix.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Unsolicited testimonial per the topic at hand. I've got a couple hundred thousand land/air/sea miles on a Samsonite 3000 Ultra XLT 22" Sideroller. Bulletproof carry-on. They've phased them out, I believe, for a new model, but there are closeouts still available online. And usually well under a hundred bucks. Buy one.

[​IMG]

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The airlines like all luggage to be black to better hide the scratches and tears they inflict. And when you get to baggage claim because you've missed your connection, three hours after your bags get there, the airlines like to see you try to find your bag among the 500 strewn about the terminal floor.

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

My set is red. They sell them in a variety of colors. Black is the most common, but as people travel more people are buying different colors.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Who checks a bag? Ever?

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Have a big, gray suitcase I bought after my old one tore coming back from Michigan last year.

Sure, it's dirty, but I never have to worry about sifting through 238 bags that look the same.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I do. Every time. Each trip I take is 4-5 days. Hard to get that many clothes, shoes and incidentals into a carry-on.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Let me re-recommend the 3000 Ultra XLT. Cavernous. Expandable. I'm not a stylish fella, but I routinely get 10 days worth of gear in the thing. That said, to me the risk and hassle of lost luggage on a business trip - a risk that doubles whenever you connect at an intermediate airport - far outweighs the benefits of having an extra outfit or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted