1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why am I about to buy my wife a Mother's Day gift and card.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, May 6, 2008.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I mean, she's not really my mother.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I can only hope you have very young children

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well, it's not because she knows the difference between irony and hypocrisy. [/cross-threading]

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Depends how well you roleplay...

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If she gave birth to your kids, you had better get her something...

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Anyone who gets their wife a Mother's Day card or gift and does not have children is a Hallmark sucker and deserves to lose about 50 Man Points.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

My father had the same belief, that my mom wasn't his mom, and that she shouldn't get a gift. My mom would get very upset each year, and Mother's Day wasn't always a happy holiday.

It took a lot of years, but my dad finally gave in, and got her a gift each holiday.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This is pretty simple.

If you don't have kids and you buy your wife a card, you don't lose 50 man points. You get your man card (and your nuts) taken away permanently.

If your kids are under say, five, you buy a card and a nice gift.

If they're over five, they make the card and a gift and you make breakfast and dinner.

And then you've covered your bases.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Our children are 6 and 16. I can probably get the 6-year-old to draw a cute picture for Mom. The 16-year-old is a bit more of a crap shoot. She'll either do something surprisingly wonderful, or just blow it off.

And the thread is a bit of a joke because I always get something for my wife on Mother's Day. We're partners in this whole child-raising thing, after all.

And, besides, she's usually the one who remembers to send a card to my mom.

Okay, how many points do you lose if you don't have children, but you send a Mother's Day card to your wife and pretend it's from your pet/pets.

Come on, some of you have to admit that you've done that.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

mrs. shockey gets roses from me and a lovely floral arrangement from the little shockeys. i take care of the orders on behalf of the three stooges. the cards are up to them. they'll go to the card store on saturday. last-minute is how they roll. ::) ::) ::)

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Sounds about right.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Having three boys will do it. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted