1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whose life do you want?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Sep 8, 2008.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I have no problem admitting if another man is good looking. Don't see why anyone would.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

When I grew up, the only man a straight guy would ever be caught dead admitting was good looking was Brad Pitt.

3. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Can I be me, only about 15 years ago? I was in college, with friends down the hall and a different club meeting every night. I was just as Type-A, emotional, selfish, and needy as I am now, but it rarely mattered.

I didn't have to worry about payin' bills, cleaning up (much) or where my next meal was coming from. I had a funny, overwrought boss who regularly harassed me. (Oh, wait, not much has changed there. ;)) My decisions didn't impact anyone except me.

I wish I still had that peace of mind.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

10 years ago? Meh. Some rock star, or something.

Today? I wouldn't trade with anyone. I'm fat, ugly and far from rich, but I'm doing what I've wanted to do since I was a boy.

5. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Matthew McConaughey

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Dick Trickle says howdy.

7. Giggity

Giggity Member

I know a guy who owns a strip club in Vegas. He's a millionaire, a genuinely nice guy, a famous-in-small circles-musician. He has a trophy wife and a pool and, believe it or not, a soul. He's beloved and enviable. And he's pretty fucking unhappy.

I don't know who I'd want to be. The trappings and the outside-in perspective don't mean much, so it's very tough to say. I've worked hard to be happy with who I am, and, mission accomplished.

I know that defeats the whole point of the question, but I felt like being self-righteous.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Then you'd just be L-I-V-I-N.

Jimmy Buffett or Yvon Chouinard would be near the top of my list.

9. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Chouinard would be cool, Cuz. Willie Unseld, RIP, would be cooler.

Draft saved Draft deleted