1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whose life do you want?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Sep 8, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Man, if you're going to say a punter, at least go big: Jeff Feagles.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Yeah, but you still have to fight for a spot in training camp. Now bullpen catcher is a good one.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Seconded. It's fine for a weekend, might be OK for a little longer.

But it gets old. Fast.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm good with it.

Haters. :D

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It's 2008. Is there any money or fame in being a rock star anymore?

I'd want to be David Simon.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The reason I argue against athletes in this discussion is a) you always have to worry about keeping your job; and b) you don't control your schedule.

A musician or an actor is sort of a self-contained product, and you can pick when and where you want to work. If, say, Lyle Lovett or John Cusack decides he wants to go screw around for a couple of years, he can always come back and work on whatever kind of project he wants.

And Mikey, a caveat about the bullpen catcher. It's not a bad gig, but off the field you're hanging with guys who make 100 times as much as you do, which can be tough.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

But they pick up the check, right?

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, but being the charity case of your friends would get humiliating after a while, at least for me. I guess you could pick up the tab for the occasional Taco Bell late night run while they pay for the $3,000 golf day.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'd make sure to keep their lockers clean. Anything to earn my keep, you know?

10. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Julie Foudy: world-class soccer player, Olympic champion, degree from Stanford and the opportunity to tell the Bush Administration off.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm beginning to really enjoy her analysis--she's definitely the best American color analyst that ESPN runs out there.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Ouch, that one hurts. She's too nice to stomp on someone's heart.

Draft saved Draft deleted