1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whose life do you want?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

This makes SC my new BFF.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

To answer the question, though, Derek Jeter. I'd do a few things differently than he does (i.e., try to make some kind of difference in the world besides trying to see how many razors or sports drinks I could sell), but holy shit yeah, Derek Jeter. He even wears my number.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sounds dangerously close to mine, only two hour shift earlier. Oh, and instead of recording, I'm editing. But still...that's pretty much it. :D

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Got enough trouble being good old fucked up me. I can't handle anyone else's fucked up existence. Nuff said.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've always said I'd like to be medium-famous -- famous enough that I'd be financially set forever, but not so famous that I couldn't go out without being mobbed and my personal life was under the microscope. And to be really good at something interesting. Maybe a musician in a really good band. Or an actor like a Jeremy Piven -- someone good, who will always work, who is well-liked in the industry, but not crazy famous.

Also, while he's more famous than my prototype, I've always thought Jimmy Buffett has a pretty freakin' good gig.

7. I like my life just fine.

I could use someone else's money, though. And lots of it.

I don't really care who it belonged to. :)

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I've said for a while that I'd like to be Cristiano Ronaldo. He's young, rich, good looking and is great at the sport that most of the world cares the most about. If not him, then Ingrid Michaelson's boyfriend.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I want Songbird's because it's his/hers birthday

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I want to be Ingrid Michaelson so I can stomp on Dre's heart.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I've thought of this many times. Right now, though, much of my list is out of action. Tom Brady, John Cena. Wouldn't mind being Michael Phelps right about now... or a month ago.

I've always said my dream job would be NFL punter. Somebody like Craig Hentrich, who's been in the league for about 100 years and has made more money than I'll ever see doing what is perhaps the least pressure-packed job in professional sports, short of playing for the Royals. I mean, any other job in the NFL comes with stress and pressure -- as long as you can regularly kick the ball a long way, your job is safe. No last-second field goals to make, no stress to produce stats like at every other position. And you still get paid at least six figures per year for a job that only meets six months at a time.

So I'm gonna say Craig Hentrich.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Third-string QB isn't a bad gig if you can get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted