1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's your favorite son/daughter of a famous musician ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 25, 2007.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'll second the mentions of Liam Finn and Rufus Wainwright, and throw in Teddy Thompson - son of Richard and Linda.

There's also a pretty decent band from L.A. called The Like -- it's an all-girl trio that includes Charlotte Froom and Tennessee Thomas, the daughters of producer Mitchell Froom and Pete Thomas, the drummer from the Attractions.

Sean Lennon's last album was actually pretty good - sounded like a cross between his dad and Elliott Smith.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I hang my head in shame. I can't beileve I forgot Sean Lennon or Rufus Wainwright.

3. Mira

Mira Member

I don't know the twins' names, but I'll bet the kids of Elvis Costello and Diana Krall will be making sweet music someday.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Why has nobody mentioned Julian Lennon yet.

5. Mira

Mira Member

Because Julian sang only one decent song, and he isn't Yoko's son. Just kidding. ;D

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Aimee Osbourne is quite the cutie.

I'm trying to think of a son or duaghter who has comparable talent to their parent . . . . . so that eliminates Sting's son (dude, you're 31. It's not going to happen), Julian Lennon, Ozzy's kids, Jakob Dylan . . . Jason Bonham is very good, but his dad was one of the greats. Maybe if Jason had been able to hook on with a strong band for a length of time, he would have built a great reputation.

I guess Liv Tyler is every bit as good an actress as her dad is a singer.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ben Taylor - son of James and Carly Simon (haven't heard his stuff though)
    Wolfgang Van Halen - ditto
    Frank Sinatra Jr -

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

There was an old VH1 "Behind The Music" with Julian Lennon where he suggested there was a conspiracy to sabotage his career because people feared his success would eclipse his father's. He was a wee bit delusional.

Can't believe I'm the first to mention this one - Jeff Buckley.

9. Mira

Mira Member

"Last Goodbye" is one of my favorite songs. Too bad Buckley's life was cut short.

10. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

"Buzzin' Fly" is one of my favorite songs. Too bad Tim Buckley's life was cut sort.

The two didn't have any kind of relationship if I recall correctly. But it's eerie how similar they sounded.

11. Clubber_Slang

Clubber_Slang Active Member

Interestingly enough, I've seen Crosby Loggins and I really dug him ...

And Imma go with Lil Wayne, since he claims that Baby is his Daddy and kisses him and all that...

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Julian Lennon's "Photograph Smile" is excellent, IMO...

Draft saved Draft deleted