1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's your favorite guy to play as in the NES classic "Pro Wresler"?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jims242, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

All I know is the invasion angle with the Saturday Night Slam Masters could have been booked so much better.

2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Giant Panther's Iron Claw owned all.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I was always partial to beating the shit out of somebody on the outside and then juuuuuust beating the count back into the ring.

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

OK, I'm ashamed to admit I've never gotten to Great Puma. I've gotten about 1-2 matches from him, then miraculously the computer suddenly begins kicking my ass.

Any advice? Because I've got it lined up, in my basement right now, ready to play.

5. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I'm a Starman guy.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's been a loooonnnnggg time since I played this, but from what I remember you have to be willing to be cheap. When you get to your eighth or ninth title defense (it takes 10 to get to Great Puma), the computer ratchets up the difficulty to about 50. If you're playing with Starman, you can keep doing the flying chops off the ropes until you wear the other guy down enough to suplex him.
    Or you can try the trick with that spin kick, where you hit them once and then keep doing it as soon as they get up. If you time it right, you can knock them down a couple times, body slam them, then do it again. Eventually, you wear them down enough to hit them with a couple suplexes or brainbusters and put them away. There's several characters who have the spin kick move.
    Or, you can try to take the fight outside, knock the opponent down on about 18, then sneak back in the ring and win by count out. That's risky, though, because if the computer reverses your move -- as it is wont to do -- there's a good chance you'll get counted out.

7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

What Batman said. If you do go the Starman route, just make sure you're up at the top of the ring, because (IIRC) the computer will either move constantly down or constantly up when you begin bouncing off the ropes. If he moves down, just stop and reset until he starts moving up. Eventually he'll move up to the same horizontal position as you, where he can go up no further, and then you can attack.

It's cheap, but once you get it down it works against everyone.

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Good advice, all. Thanks, and I will try it this weekend.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

The game is "Pro Wrestling," not "Pro Wrestler," correct?

And I'm a King Slender guy. The poor man's Ric Flair.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11. Gotta go with the champ: King Slender

12. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Amazon was my favorite, but best move? The Mongolian Chop by Kin Corn Karn.

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/prowrest.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted