1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's who on ESPN CFB broadcasts this season...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Aug 6, 2010.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Pam Ward > Beth Mowins, unless Beth surprises me with her work on the telecast this year.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Have you watched football the last five years?

As said earlier, Ward is the voice of noontime mediocre Big Ten football. But an ESPNU game might be even more mediocre.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

What words will you not hear Pam Ward say:

"We spoke with Coach Tressel about that and here is what he had to say." (Roll tape)

I imagine she is on a first-name basis with the Brewsters, Zooks and - maybe - RichRod.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If Pam Ward was a good pxp announcer, I would have no problem with her. But she's not (IMO). I can't help but wonder if these assignments are handed out partly on political correctness.

I don't watch much ESPN anymore because of scheduling conflicts. If I watch a game, I'll usually mute the sound and listen to one of the competing team's broadcasts audio online.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'll buy dumping the female announcers if you can name some male announcers who don't have a slot. Isn't this like complaining about the All-Star Game reserves? Who gives a crap?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Odd that there is no mention of their lead team of Musburger and Herbstreit.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

beat me to it.

For my money though, nothing beats the 3:30 Saturday game on CBS with Uncle Verne.

As for NBC, I would rather cut off a nut than sit through 3 1/2 hours plus of Tom Hammond sucking the golden dick.

8. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

It is all a mater of taste and preferences, but I happen to enjoy Pam Ward's understated play by play style.

It reminds me of days when Ray Scott did NFL games without hyperventilating over every snap of the ball...

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mark, they're hiring announcers based on whether they have a vagina.

Your continued idiocy speaks volumes.

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

He simply has no credibility as a guy who allegedly knows football. Because he doesn't.

11. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The correct choice is a mute button.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I watch almost everything sports related with the sound way down or off.

I can see what's happening, and the graphics tell me more than I care to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted