1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's the worst coach in college football?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Dec 7, 2007.

1. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Back when I was in college during the Tressel years, that same Vindy hack was wearing a YSU sweatshirt, hat and had a YSU jacket. I wrote an entire paper on this guy for my ethics class. Got an A. Considered mailing it to the sports editor but decided to let it go.

2. Mr. Bastard, you obviously have not heard about the Terre Haute sound.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28283

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Tough to argue this one, although he's spent the past three seasons altering the offense from Wlat's finesse ball to a power running attack which actually requires real linemen. That still no excuse for not squeaking out a 7-5 record and a crap bowl.

The worst coach, without question, is Greg Robinson. He's lost to Wannstedt three years in a row, has had two 10-loss seasons and has single-handedly made the words "Syracuse football" an oxymoron. At least Wannstedt has the WVU upset to his credit. THe only thing Wannstedt has to his credit is looking drunk on the sidelines.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Was that supposed to be Robinson in that last line?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Opps, yes, though Wannstedt's had a few moments where it looks like he's had an Iron City or 12.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

In all fairness, some of these guys are or would make great assts.
    Wannstedt was of that ilk, and so is Watson Brown.
    It was Brown, you might remember, who helped coordinate the offenses of some of Jackie Sherrill's first few teams at Mississippi State.
    The gameplan was high-grade and diverse, with multiple options, but often the players weren't able to understand those intricacies.
    Watson's a really cerebral guy and can put together some multi-level offensive schemes.
    He and Jackie butted heads more than once which eventually led to his exodus from State.
    Players just have to be smart enough to execute an offensive coordinator's plans.
    Especially the QB.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I love how far-reaching the Haute has become :D

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know it, which is one reason I thought that might be confusing.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Really?

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

What if I told you that he wears a YSU hat in his newspaper mug?

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

What's so wrong with supporting your team?

12. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Oh that's sad, but not real surprising. But I gave up on the idea of the Vindicator as a real newspaper a long, long time ago. Last I heard, they were still kissing John York's ass to provide 49ers coverage in a community that lives and dies by the Browns or Steelers.

This is becoming a threadjack, and for that I apologize to all those not interested.

Back to the worst coach discussion. As stated earlier, Syracuse's Robinson = big-time sucky.

Draft saved Draft deleted