1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's the worst coach in college football?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Dec 7, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the surface I'd agree, but for what Charlie Weis is getting paid, he's in a different category...
    Besides, at the college level all-time, no one an hold a candle to Elliot Uzelac.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The worst coach gets the least out of his resources. No one gets less out of the resources than the current coach of Notre Dame.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

GOD DAM YOU TO HELL BTE FOR RAISING THAT TERRIBLE NAME FROM MY TORTURED CHILDHOOD! DAM YOU I SAY!!!!!

[/majorsfanboy]

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bob Stull's name needs to also be resurrected for any list like this.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

No love for Kragthorpe?

I would have argued for Ogre, but yeah, he's toast.

Diddy's program sure has taken a nosedive at FSU.

Mack Brown sure has fucked up a lot of talented rosters. In fact, except for those couple of years he let Vince Young take shotgun snaps and run, you could argue that his stint at Texas has been full of fail.

6. This unreconstructed hick 'jack has gone on long enough.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

DO NOT INSULT THE HAUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hautean mob is gonna get you, F_B!

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Phil Fulmer.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Jon Heacock - Youngstown State University

The remains of Jim Tressel's great programs from the 1990s are now in shambles. Sure, the Penguins still post winning records year in and year out, but the hunger for national success is long gone thanks to this guy.

He's largely despised by the fan base, but gets little criticism from the jock sniffing local media. That, in turn, has allowed him to continue to get paid by the University who believe he's doing a good job at churning out mediocrity. Since he had ties to Tressel's era, the university is very skittish to pull the plug...but everybody clearly sees that the time has come to insert some new blood into the program.

10. s'chick --
    Just as long as they bring the local philharmonic.

[​IMG]

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Friend of a friend is gonna get you!

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The beat guy from the Vindicator came into the press box at the school I cover a couple of years ago wearing a freaking YSU hat. Yeah, jock sniffing. That's about right.

Draft saved Draft deleted