1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's the whitest team in the NBA? (no, it's not the Celtics)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Holleee shit!

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Gene Anderson died in the early 1990s. Ole Anderson went on to 80s fame as a member of the Four Horsement and was one of the owners of Georgia Championship Wrestling before the company got bought out by Vince McMahon in '84.

3. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

ESPN Magazine picked the T-Wolves to finish third in the West. Clearly a racist publication.

4. How many white guys would it take for you to pay top dollar? I'm sure you can find cheap tickets on StubHub to see the black guys.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What the fuck does this even mean? I mean, I'm guessing the last word was supposed to be "compliment" but it still doesn't make sense.

Dumb and racist is no way to go through life, son.

6. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Agreed.

Mark, you are a piece of garbage. I bet you're one of those loser sports journalists who likes to complain that you lost out on an opportunity because you're a white male, even though your industry is about 90% white men.

That fact that you can't distinguish between "complement" and "compliment" shows us that you are probably just a bad sports journalist -- a racist one too.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Blue font?

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Here's my take on it. The team could be all African American and still suck. I think it's just a coincidence and not a ploy to gain fans. I can see the argument made by Tyrone Terrell, chairman of St. Paul's African American leadership council. However, I really don't think that's the case.

9. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

This is an instance where considering the source is wise advice: while Tyrone Terrill is certainly a well-intentioned man, his reputation in Minnesota is not, shall we say, that of someone universally respected for his wisdom and judgment. Back in 1999, after the Clem Haskins/Jan Ganglehoff academic scandal broke, Terrill was the St. Paul city human rights director. After the Pioneer Press ran a somewhat controversial editorial cartoon which depicted college athletes as working on a plantation, Terrill initially filed a human rights complaint against the paper, and then publicly proposed - in all seriousness - that the newspaper submit its cartoons to his department for preapproval. I think ideally your city human rights director should have at least some familiarity with the First Amendment.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And why didn't they let Ron Simmons be a member? Racists!

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

You mean like the Bobcats, Magic, Wizards.....

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

All those white guys on Spain's Olympic team are pretty good. But who cares what color they are as long as they can play? I don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted