1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's the best point guard in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Who's the best point guard in the NBA

1. Chris Paul

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Steve Nash

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Rajon Rondo

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Deron Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Russell Westbrook

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Derrick Rose

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Tony Parker

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not sure why you think Kobe's shot count will take a drastic drop. Neither Howard nor Nash are exactly known as shot hogs. Howard means extra rebounds which means extra possessions and shot attempts for everyrone, and having Nash, perhaps the league's most skilled and willing passer next to him, ain't gonna hurt either.

Regardless, with five world championships and two olympic gold medals, I'd think we might finally be able to put to rest that worn out narrative about Kobe having a selfishness gene ill-conducive to winning. Honestly, how many titles does a guy have to win silence that BS once and for all?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Bryant is not getting 20 plus shots a game, the Lakers are running their offense incorrectly. Shooters gotta shoot.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Paul by a decent margin. He can set up the team and score when needed. If Rondo can hit his outside shot with enough consistency that teams don't sag three feet off of him, then he is in the same league as Paul.

I'd also argue that LBJ runs offense as well as any of these guys.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I'm sure Kobe would much rather play with Smush Parker and Chris Mihm so he could shoot 30 times a games.

Some falsehoods never die. I look forward to hearing how he ran Shaq out of town too, all 400 pounds of him, and how it was KOBE'S ego that ruined the thing.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

James Harden.

6. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Did we transition from best point guard to best beard?

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We did.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Count me as another one who believes Williams is not getting enough attention.

Paul has to be the answer, but I do think it won't be long before Rondo is the choice.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I understand the thought process that goes into voting for Derrick Rose. But I don't think the mentality that "until he struggles, he's the best" makes sense. This is an ACL injury for a player who relied on his athleticism more than any other star in the NBA. Rose doesn't have a finesse game, which isn't to say he won't develop it. But his knee injury seriously will impact his style of play.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I don't buy it. It was a simple ACL tear, not a total rebuild like Paul or microfracture surgery like Amare. It may take him a half-season before he trusts his own body again, but I think he comes back at 100 percent.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

100 percent? That's a wishful Bulls fan talking. I'll give you 95 percent, maybe even 97 percent someday. But every ACL tear costs a little something.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

We disagree. But we're not doctors. (Well, not medical doctors.) Even so, I don't think Rose was as good as Paul pre-injury. But that's another discussion, one I'd be happy to argue in about eight hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted