1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's the best point guard in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Who's the best point guard in the NBA

1. Chris Paul

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. Steve Nash

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Rajon Rondo

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Deron Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Russell Westbrook

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Derrick Rose

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  7. Tony Parker

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So I got in a stupid argument today with a guy who knows more NBA than I'll ever forget about the best point guard in the league. I say, right now, I think it's Tony Parker. He lost his shit and tabbed 1A/1B of Rondo and Paul.

I know people here know NBA (perhaps not quite as well as baseball, but still) so here's the poll. I'd appreciate a top five, too, if you're up for it. Intrigued to see how this shakes down.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Paul

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If he recovers fully, Rose.

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I went with Westbrook. I would have gone with Rose, but the knee injury is a factor for now. He may be the best again by the end of the season but for now I'll go with the idea that it generally takes a full season on a repaired knee before all the old capabilities come back.

Chris Paul was once in the running but I'm just not sold on his durability -- also because of past knee issues.

For now ...
    1. Westbrook
    2. Parker
    3. Rondo
    4. Rose
    5. Nash
    6. Paul
    7. Williams

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Rondo were more consistent, he'd be it hands down. But he isn't, so I'll go with Paul, with the proviso that it is possible Rose will pass 'em both if his knee heals properly.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I just love Rondo, he does so many little things and distributes the ball to others where they are most effective (well Ray Allen disagrees). Paul is a great player but he's lost some and last year his shots at the end of games and quarters did not look so good (from where I sat.)

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I say Rose until he proves he can't comeback to full strength. But Paul is right there. A big part of me wants to believe that it is still Nash, but I know that is no longer the case.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Up until around early May of last year, I might've said Derrick Rose. A blown out ACL rather changed that story, though. Now I'll take Paul.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If we could separate offense and defense, I'd still go with Nash. But he can't guard anyone at all.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you knew they would be healthy, I would go with Paul.

If I needed one guy to score 50 points to win a game for me, Westbrook.

12. Chris Paul is the best point guard in the league by a good margin...Not sure why others on this thread think differently.

Nobody runs the pick and roll as well. Nobody is shiftier in the lane. All of the others have a weakness. Paul is the most well-rounded, and the best leader as well. Take him off the Clippers and they go to the lottery.

Draft saved Draft deleted